SEIU Healthcare 1199NW’s mission is to unite, build power among, and improve standards for healthcare workers and to fight for quality, affordable healthcare for all Washingtonians. In support of these goals, the Legal Team is seeking a candidate who can play a key role supporting the legal work of SEIU Healthcare 1199NW.
- Document Control
- Intake documents from organizers
- Intake legal documents, such as complaints, unfair labor practice charges, settlement agreements, and routine correspondence/documents
- Name and manage documents for easy retrieval and in accordance with document retention policy
- Investigation of contract grievances and unfair labor practices
- Prepare interview protocols for legal matters in collaboration with attorneys
- Schedule and interview witnesses (typically the Union’s members)
- Draft factual summaries
- Perform complex and varied legal clerical work involving considerable independent judgment, initiative, and accuracy
- Other duties as assigned
- Two or more years of clerical experience in a legal setting, or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
- Ability to assemble data, ability to effectively meet and work with people from diverse backgrounds/cultures, ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Strong analytical skills (writing skills tested)
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, prioritize deadlines, and handle confidential issues and materials
- Commitment to justice for working people
- Valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and a working automobile required
- Microsoft Office Suite (will be tested)
- Intermediate Word ( 60 wpm), Excel, Outlook
Send cover letter and resume to: Penny Lowry email@example.com
SEIU Healthcare 1199NW is an affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or disability.
spapineau February 23rd, 2017
Posted In: Employment