JOB POSTING: Lead Research Analyst
The Lead Research Analyst will lead, mentor, and support SEIU Healthcare 1199NW’s research team (currently 3 people) and provide research support for campaigns to build power and improve standards for healthcare workers. Campaigns can include bargaining fights, external organizing campaigns, issue fights, and public policy campaigns. This position reports to a senior staff member.
- Strengthening the skills and knowledge base of the research team through training, mentoring, evaluating, and supporting the work of research staff;
- Working with research team members to coordinate work requests by defining projects, finding needed research sources, delegating work, reviewing final work products, and assuring that plans and work assignments are consistent with organizational goals;
- Providing strategic advice to teams regarding campaign and strategic priorities;
- Doing financial analysis, strategic corporate research, policy analysis, and benefit plan analysis;
- Gathering information, both qualitative and quantitative, through desk research and field research including site visits, interviews, attending public meetings and industry events, and more;
- Performing other duties as required to support the union and its mission.
- Strong commitment to social and economic justice;
- 3+ years of union research experience;
- 2+ years of experience with training and/or mentoring;
- Quantitative analysis skills and attention to detail;
- Knowledge of or experience in the healthcare industry and/or the public sector preferred;
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours if needed.
Physical Requirements: Work is performed in our Renton office and in the field. Irregular hours and periods of travel may be required. Ability to drive, access to a reliable automobile, and possession of a valid Washington state driver’s license required.
Compensation: $58,957 – $87,469 (includes a lead premium) depending on experience, automobile allowance, and excellent benefits as set by collective bargaining agreement.
Employment Term: This is a permanent position with a six month initial probationary period.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, and a short writing sample to Penny Lowry, email@example.com
SEIU Healthcare 1199NW is an equal opportunity employer committed to organizational equity and inclusion. People of Color, women, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: Open until filled
Job Description: Union organizers work with our members to build and exercise power in the workplace and to advocate for better health care, racial and social justice. We are a fighting union commitment to confronting corporate power in our society. Union organizers also assist non-union workers in building unions in their workplaces.
- Recruitment: Train and support workers to take action, including organizing union drives, serving as advocates, and becoming effective leaders in the workplace.
- Racial Justice: Engage leaders in our fight to promote racial justice and combat white supremacy.
- Mobilization: Motivate and mobilize workers to stand up against injustices in the workplace.
- Lead Meetings: Meet with workers through one-on-one and group meetings, phone calls, and house visits.
- Leadership Development: Identify and develop leadership among workers.
- Legislative and Electoral Work: Recruit volunteers to participate in political, legislative, and issue-oriented campaigns.
- Lead Actions: Plan and lead actions, rallies, events, and strikes.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizing skills at work, on campus, or in the community. Experience as a union or community organizer preferred; health care experience a plus.
- Ability to build relationships and work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Bilingual skills a plus.
- Work independently, solve problems, and manage time and priorities effectively.
- Can motivate, inspire and challenge workers and union members to take steps to build power in the workplace and community.
- Willingness to work long hours, including nights and weekends.
- Excellent listening, speaking and written communication skills.
- Automobile and valid driver’s license.
Compensation: Salary dependent on experience and is set per the collective bargaining agreement with SEIU Healthcare 1199NW staff union contract. Benefits include medical benefits and paid vacation time.
Supervision: Supervised by an officer of the union or designee.
Applicants must submit a current resume, with references and a cover letter expressing what their commitment and interest in the labor movement is in order to be considered for the position. Resumes and cover letters should be sent to:
SEIU Healthcare 1199NW
15 South Grady Way, #200
Renton, WA 98057