SEIU Healthcare 1199NW is looking for an in-house graphic designer to use their Adobe Creative Suite skills to create designs, layout and visual images used in print and online media. This position may require a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and 2-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Works with internal clients and under general supervision; reporting to a supervisor or manager.
- Creates designs, layout and visual images used in print and online media
- Stays current with trends in design applications and print techniques
- Interprets internal client’s needs and quickly turns their ideas into visual design solutions
- Prints finished jobs on internal printers
- Communicates with offsite print and paper vendors
- Maintains organization’s design and communications standards on documents produced
- Updates and uploads content to our websites (WordPress knowledge a plus) and social media platforms
- Two – five years of experience, BA or AA a plus
- Expert proficiency with current version of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator) on MS Windows platform
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Print technology and pre-press process knowledge a plus
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to articulate design solutions
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects and concepts simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate creative concepts verbally
- Strong project management skills as they relate to creative design from concept to completion
- Excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to copy-edit content to adhere to internal styles
- Familiarity with WordPress and social media platforms a plus
Competitive salary scales are set by the SEIU Healthcare 1199NW staff union collective bargaining agreement and range from $50,900 to $68,900 annually, starting rate dependent on experience.
Benefits include fully paid employer healthcare, defined benefit pension and 401k, and vacation and sick leave.
A complete application includes:
- Cover letter which describes your interest in this position and how you meet the desired skill/experience and educational requirements
- Current resume which includes dates of all employment
- Link to online portfolio or provide samples of your design work
- List of at least 3 references from previous employer/s
Send cover letter, resume and references to:
Penny Lowry, PennyL@seiu1199nw.org
SEIU Healthcare 1199NW is an equal opportunity employer committed to organizational equity and inclusion. People of Color, women, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.