SEIU Healthcare 1199NW is a progressive, social and racial justice-committed healthcare union in Washington State made up of more than 30,000 healthcare workers and behavioral health workers. We unite together to improve the quality of patient care by raising standards in the workplace, advocating for workforce training funds for healthcare workers, and standing up for affordable healthcare for all.
This position reports to and will collaborate with the Assistant Director of Communications of SEIU Healthcare 1199NW to develop and implement the union’s communications plan to support member development and organizing, bargaining, legislative and political engagement.
This position may involve long or irregular hours including nights and weekends, and may include some travel; a vehicle is required.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, write, and edit strategic communications including member-facing lit and external materials for organizing, bargaining, legislative, and electoral campaigns.
- Collaborate with field teams to develop and execute innovative, high-impact digital organizing and outreach campaigns using social media platforms, online tools, and video to increase member engagement and build public support.
- Take photos and videos at Union events, as needed and as permitted during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Plan and manage clear, compelling, and shareable content across digital channels including social media, online ads, web, email, video. Partner with graphic design team to produce content.
- Media relations, as needed.
- Track engagement and performance analytics to understand, assess, and make recommendations on digital and communications strategy.
- A commitment to the social justice mission, vision, and values of SEIU Healthcare 1199NW.
- Previous work experience in the social justice and progressive community, or digital organizing, preferred.
- At least three years of experience executing communications and/or digital work and online advocacy to develop targeted communications strategies and messages. Understanding of project management principles.
- Proficiency in storytelling, writing, copy editing, word processing, video editing, web design, HTML, and new media campaigns. Experience in web design and content production is a plus.
- Technical knowledge of WordPress and social media platforms.
Competitive salary scales are set by the SEIU Healthcare 1199NW staff union collective bargaining agreement and range from $57,000-$88,000, salary steps depend on experience.
Benefits include fully paid employer healthcare, defined benefit pension and 401k, vacation and sick leave, and car allowance.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, three references, and a sample of your work including an overview and assessment of a communications campaign or digital strategy you executed to Penny Lowry, PennyL@seiu1199nw.org
Black, Indigenous, people of color, immigrant, women, LGBTQIA and people with multilingual skills are strongly encouraged to apply. SEIU Healthcare 1199NW is an equal opportunity employer.