SEIU Healthcare 1199NW is looking for an in-house graphic designer/desktop publisher to use their Adobe Creative Suite skills to create designs, layout and visual images used in print and online media. The graphic designer/desktop publisher will also be responsible for printing documents, banners and other materials on printers in our office. This position may require a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and 2-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Works with internal clients and under general supervision; reporting to a supervisor or manager. Role is currently 80% remote with one day a week in the office for printing; will return to 100% in-office once COVID-19 emergency has ended.
- Creates designs, layouts and images used in print and online media, such as newsletters, posters, banners, social media graphics and website link images
- Prints finished jobs on internal printers
- Stays current with trends in design applications and print techniques
- Interprets internal client needs and quickly turns their ideas into design solutions
- Communicates with offsite print and paper vendors
- Maintains organization’s design and communications standards on documents produced
- Updates and uploads content to our WordPress websites and social media platforms
- Acts as back-up on bulk mail production tasks
- Two-five years of experience; BA or AA a plus
- Expert proficiency with current version of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator) on MS Windows platform
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Print technology and pre-press process knowledge preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and shifting priorities
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects and concepts simultaneously
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to articulate design solutions
- Ability to communicate creative concepts verbally
- Strong project management skills as they relate to creative design from concept to completion
- Excellent time management skills
- Familiarity with WordPress and social media platforms a plus
- Proficiency in After Effects/Premier a plus
- Reading/writing proficiency in a language other than English a plus, especially Spanish, Tagalog, Amharic or Somali
Competitive salary scales are set by the SEIU Healthcare 1199NW staff union collective bargaining agreement and range from $52,400 to $70,900 annually with starting rate dependent on experience. Benefits include fully paid employer healthcare, defined benefit pension and 401k, and vacation and sick leave.
A complete application includes:
- Cover letter describing your interest in this position and how you meet the desired skill/experience and educational requirements. Applications received without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Current resume which includes dates of all employment
- Link to online portfolio or provide samples of your design work
- List of at least 3 references from previous employer(s)
Send cover letter, resume and references to: Penny Lowry, firstname.lastname@example.org
SEIU Healthcare 1199NW is an equal opportunity employer committed to organizational equity and inclusion. People of color, women, and LGBTQ+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.