Hundreds of nurses and healthcare workers in our union have already made the call to protect care for 30 million Americans – it only takes a minute to join in. From Yakima, Spokane, Seattle, Tacoma, and to Olympia, we’re speaking up.
The new Congress and Trump administration are pushing forward to dismantle our healthcare system, including Medicaid. This would create chaos for our patients and threaten the health of our communities.
We know the difference the Affordable Care Act has made in Washington state: Thousands of people now have access to preventive care. Young adults up to age 26 can remain on their parents’ health plans. And insurance companies can’t discriminate against those with pre-existing conditions or deny coverage for their own profits. We can only go forward, not back.
Our patients are counting on us to speak out. Join with nurses and healthcare workers to call Congress – all you need to do is dial 866-426-2631 to be directed to your member of Congress.
Tell your Congress member to show their plan to improve our healthcare instead of taking it away. We need a pathway to healthcare for everyone.
What would a repeal of care mean for us?
- More uninsured patients would mean more uncompensated care, opening the door for hospitals to try and pass their losses on to us through cuts to staffing levels and a degradation of our standards at the bargaining table.
- It would take healthcare away from 30 million Americans, 82 % of whom are in working families.
- Premiums would skyrocket with no end in sight for millions of Americans.
- 4 million more children would be uninsured, doubling the number of uninsured children in our country.
- The end of expansion of Medicaid coverage in 32 states plus the District of Columbia.
- Businesses would be off the hook for providing healthcare for their employees, by eliminating the employer mandate for any company with more than 50 employees, including America’s largest companies.
- Taxes would be raised on millions of working families and give insurance companies and huge corporations hundreds of billions of dollars in tax breaks.
Commit to take action to protect care – join with nurses and healthcare workers to make the call!