Kaiser Permanente of Washington and SEIU1199NW are now recruiting for our next cohort of Medical Assistant Apprentices – join this unique paid training program and start your clinical career!
The Medical Assistant Apprenticeship (MAA) is a 12-15-month (Average), full-time, paid training program that allows you to become a medical assistant through hands-on training. As an apprentice you will be a full-time Kaiser Permanente employee.
Clinic training sites include Kaiser Permanente’s Capitol Hill, Factoria, Burien, Renton, Northgate, South Lake Union, Rainier, and Everett medical facilities. **Training site locations are subject to change
- Full-time pay. Apprentices are full-time, paid employees with benefits for the entire apprenticeship.
- Learn on the job. Complete 2,000 hours of paid, on-the-job training and 288 hours of classroom instruction.
- Become a certified MA. Participants receive support for the state certification exam.
- Guaranteed continued employment. Upon graduation, participants transition to an MA-C position with Kaiser Permanente (2-year service commitment required).
- Age/physical. Applicants must be 18 or older and be able to perform the physical duties of the role.
- Education. Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent, and prior entry, applicants
must pass an assessment/show coursework in Math and English [Training Fund assistance available].
- SEIU & Kaiser Permanente staff preference. Preference will be given to current SEIU 1199NW
members, followed by current staff at Kaiser Permanente.
Applications will open in early July. To get started visit www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org and create
The Healthcare Apprenticeship Consortium: multi-union, multi-employer partnership created to
provide all healthcare employers within Washington State access to skilled apprenticeship training
for their workforce.
If you have questions, please reach out to Jamie VandenBos at JamieV@seiu1199nw.org or 425-902-8687.